Sunday, August 30, 2009

"I have found that JOY is all around me....
It just takes opening my eyes and heart to really see it and feel it!"
~~ Roban

It's exciting to be joining four of my blog buddies for the eighth time as we post reflections on the words we chose at the beginning of the year. This month's reflections are short and sweet... a simple sentence or two about our journey this year as we strive for balance, discipline, excellence, abundance, and joy in our lives.

"Striving for BALANCE between complexity and simplicity, constantly evaluating and re-evaluating the trade-offs I have to make to get there." ~~ Peggy at Middle Age Ramblings

"DISCIPLINE is setting your eyes on the prize, recognizing what you need to do to get there and removing all obstacles that will prevent you from finishing the race." ~~ Annemarie at So I was Just Thinking

"In August, I recognized the ABUNDANCE of seeing old friends, listening to great music, feeling the cool mountain air, and having a real time phone conversation with a good mate!" ~~ AVT Coach at This Abundant Life

"EXCELLENCE: A process and a discipline, not a destination." ~~ Octamom

Special thanks to Caroline at Whimsical Whispers for inspiring us to begin the journey in the first place!


6 comments:

miruspeg said...

Yes it is EXCITING Roban to join together each month and reflect on our words.

Hey guess what I feel a song coming on:

"I woke up this morning
I suddenly realised
We're all in this together
I started smiling
'Cause you were smiling
And we're all in this together"

Ben Lee an Australian singer/songwriter.

Lots of love
Peggy xxxx

Wendy said...

I love it! I was here 10 minutes ago and it was not there, not it is up and is great! I love it that we are all still together with this little project. It sure helps me on a daily basis to know we are doing it together. Well, we also start our birthday month tomorrow!! Have a joyful, faithful and abundant week!

~JarieLyn~ said...

I wish I had found your blog months ago. I really like all your projects and the way you write. I can relate. I'm still looking for my voice. I haven't quite found it yet.

McMGrad89 said...

EIGHT!!! Wow, who would have "thunk."
I must have missed the magical moment in time when your post posted. I looked and it wasn't there. LOL - I overslept this morning and didn't get to play on the computer as I normally would. Well, at least I have small break from instruction to be able to visit your blog today.

Candace said...

Roban, I love your insight and I'm so glad we have become blogging friends (after being teaching friends lol). I love your quote about joy. I've been really trying lately to see all the happiness in my life and not focus on the negative. Thanks for the refresher!!

heather said...

Reminds me that I need to refocus on that word I *almost* completely forgot about. Oops.