Thursday, October 15, 2009

I'm Blushing....


I know we're not supposed to be obsessed with looks and image. I really try to let my daughter and my students know that "looks" aren't what make us who we are. What we do is what makes us who we are.

But I have a confession to make.

I've been looking a little drab lately.

My hair has hung without much shape, my face has seemed pale, and I've been thumping around with this air cast on my right foot for nearly three weeks. That little fashion addition definitely hasn't helped to improve my self-image.

That changed this week when I took Hannah to the Clinique counter at the local department store. Although I never wanted my daughter to wear make-up, she is definitely a glam-girl who loves to play with all things that come in powders, creams, pencils, and wands. It was time to restock her beauty supplies with an SPF/tinted moisturizer. I decided it was time to add a little color to mine.

Years ago I loved using a gel blush of Clinique's, but, as usual, it was discontinued a year or so later. Powders just seem to make my face look drier than it already is, so pale is my usual shade of color. I had just about given up on getting that blush of color on my cheeks when, voila, I discovered something "new" at the Clinique counter. A creamy blush stick that you swipe across your cheeks then blend in. I decided its $18 price tag was worth it; it was just the right shade and blended perfectly with my skin tone.

A little splash of color. A subtle blush. Suddenly, I'm feeling a little better about myself!

7 comments:

charrette said...

I totally agree. I love their new blush sticks too!

Caroline said...

Isn't that great!? I love clinique...and it's always fun to experiment with new make up. And it's just a bonus when it makes you feel all happy and new. :)

miruspeg said...

I have a very pale complexion as well and this blush stick sounds like it could weave a bit of magic!
Now I have two things to buy - a blush stick and a book.
Anything else you suggest before I head out the door...LOL.

Hope the air cast comes off soon.

Sending you lots of love and light so you can keep smiling and shining.

:)
Peg

Anonymous said...

Mmmm I'm going to have to check this out! Thanks for the info!

Candace said...

I've been feeling a little drab as well...makeup counter here I come!! :)

Heather of the EO said...

Clinique used to have this miracle stuff called "brighten up tighten up" I've always had big dark circles under my eyes and it would actually make them disappear. Oh, how I miss that stuff :)

I'm sorry you've been in an air cast. That just totally stinks.

beth said...

I agree...my powder blush is not liking me right now and I think you have just given me the best advice...off to the mall I go :)