Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day Trippin'

My daughter had moving-up day to commemorate this as her senior year of high school. It's been so much fun watching her grow up, but it's still bittersweet to know that she will be in college next year and that she won't be my little bird in a nest much longer.

If you have a daughter, I'm sure you know how challenging it is at times to find a dress that you both can agree on. This blue/green number received the okay from both of us, and a resourceful young man helped her tighten up her new shoes by punching an extra hole in the strap. These are two of her best friends....


We were planning on taking a short road trip this past weekend, and I had already decided that I would ride in the backseat with Hannah, so her uncle could sit up front with my husband. I couldn't help but think about Hannah and her best friend jamming out in the backseat on our way to the beach each summer. Usually, they're sharing one set of ear buds. I didn't say anything, but I nearly jumped out of my seat when she offered me an ear bud and said, "See if you like this song."


Of course, I accidentally pulled her ear bud out a few times in my enthusiasm.... I posted this same photo of us on Instagram. I crack up every time I look at it.

9 comments:

diane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
diane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
diane said...

LOL
That's awesome!
:-D

Unknown said...

That photo is blazed in my head! I think it is so fun. And your daughter is beautiful...great dress choice!

miruspeg said...

Day trippin' certainly sounds like fun in your family.
You look so happy Roban.
Oh BTW what was the song, can you remember?
Much love
Peggy ♥♥♥

Bill Lisleman said...

I got a laugh from that last pic. The expressions make it appear you are listening to different songs.

beth said...

love the photo of you guys.....A LOT !!!!
xo

nacherluver said...

OMG! Seriously! That photo of the two of you is priceless! So many stories could be written from that one photo! So much expression!

LOVE IT!!!!

Love it.

Relyn Lawson said...

Too funny. Her expression makes yours priceless. Have I told you yet how much I love your avatar? You are so beautiful.