Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's Coming Down...


the tree, that is! I already miss the glow of the lights and the way our stockings look so festive hanging on the mantle....

Even though my tree is full of ornaments (memories), I did buy two new ones this year.
One is a silver "joy," which hangs by a green ribbon. The other is a snowlady and her little girl sledding down a hill. The snowlady reminded me of the big snow we had when Hannah was little and how we used makeshift sleds to slide down a big hill nearby.

I'm thinking "joy" may have to hang near my desk this year as a reminder of my journey....



Is your Christmas all packed up and stored away? If I had it my way, my tree would twinkle just a little bit longer....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like the joy ornament. i imagine it to be smooth and cold to touch.

Caroline said...

I have not taken my tree down yet...just can't do it until after New Year's. I hope you had a beautiful Christmas...it sound's like it was filled with joy. :)

Silver said...

Your tree is certainly rich with memories.. ! There's still room..if you ask me ;)

love,
~Silver

miruspeg said...

That is one beautiful JOY ornament Roban. If I was you I would definitely hang it near your desk, then Joy would constantly with you for another year.
I never pack my Christmas things away until about the 5th January or longer depending on how I feel.....if there is a rule I love breaking it!!
:)
Peg

Cindy said...

My tree still stands, I usually take it down on the second of January. My ornaments look a lot like yours.

McVal said...

Beautiful tree! We keep ours up until after Jan 1 but usually have it down by the time my daughters b-day comes around on Jan 6th.

Unknown said...

Joy! Beautiful ornament and memories.

McMGrad89 said...

Pretty blog header, Roban.

We are not taking ours down until this weekend. I like to wait until January 6th (but I have to wait for a Saturday to actually disassemble it.

Like the new ornament.