Saturday, May 12, 2012

Haven't I heard that before?

It wasn't the exact same song, not even the same song, period. But when I listened to my daughter's new CD, I had that nostalgic twinge we sometimes get when we hear a song from our past. This sound, however, was from a new artist, Ellie Goulding.


But, boy, did she remind me of Edie Brickell and New Bohemians... a group who had their big hit, "What I Am" in 1988.... and I l.o.v.e.d their sound.


I would listen to the tracks on that cassette tape over and over again. Singing along with Edie, windows of my VW Beetle rolled down. I was Edie Brickell and her New Bohemians.

And now, today, my daughter and I have something extra in common. At a time when we're not so keen on the same music... raps are all over her playlist, yet are only sporadically found on mine... we share a new favorite, Ellie Goulding. And I can't help but compare her to Edie. My daughter says they're similar, but she likes Ellie better. I'm just glad she's listening to something I like at the moment. We're music twins. Sort of.


Mother's Day 2012

1 comment:

miruspeg said...

Looks like you had an excellent Mother's Day Roban...love the photos!

I haven't heard of Ellie or Edie but what we did have in common was singing in our VW Beetles with the windows rolled down!!

Enjoyed listening to both songs.

Hugs
Peggy xxxxxx