Friday, March 15, 2013

Reading Wasn't an Option

When I don't feel like reading - anything - you know there's a problem. I haven't picked up a novel or book of any kind for nearly three weeks. Why? Let's just say that the flu, two sinus infections, an upper respiratory viral infection, and conjunctivitis (yuck) have knocked me off my feet. And I'm ready to get over it all!


I usually work through sickness, but the flu had other plans for me. And each illness has jumped on top of the previous one to really pull me down.

But I know that I'm on the road to recovery because I'm here visiting a few blogs and saying hello. So while I'm still hacking and washing pillow cases and taking medicine, I'm thinking things will be better real soon.

And I can't wait.

In fact, I think I have a whole new appreciation for my health and a new desire to stay strong. This has been a pretty miserable three weeks, and I'm ready to move on.

I hope your week has been a good one and that you have a great weekend, too. I'll probably loll around a bit more and hopefully be good as new come Monday morning.


7 comments:

Nancy said...

I can sympathize with you somewhat...I have had a respiratory infection for the last week and it is no fun...

I hope you are on the mend and "sick free" for the rest of the year...You have had your share....

Lisa Gordon said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick, Roban, and I surely hope you are feeling all better real soon.

Take care of you!

miruspeg said...

Oh dear Roban you have been under the weather haven't you.
You are so right, after we have been extremely sick we do have a new appreciation for a healthy body.
Sending light and love for a complete return to full health.
Much love
Peggy xxxx

Unknown said...

Hey my Sickie friend-you've been through quite enough. Holy heck I feel like a semi is having way too much fun running me over. Feel better sweet thing. Xo

Cindy said...

Hi, sorry to hear you have not been feeling well. there is nothing worse. I understand how you want to be strong after an illness, kick that illness right to the curb. praying your feeling better very soon. hugs.

beth said...

omg....you poor thing. you really got hit didn't you? i'm so glad you're back on the track to "healthy".....being sick is just sucky :(

McMGrad89 said...

So...10 days later...is it any better? I hope so.