Sunday, March 24, 2013

Four Weeks Later

or is it five? Whatever the case, I am better (yay!) and other than the cough that won't go away, most of my other symptoms have left the building. So much so, that I managed to go to Hannah's volleyball tournament on Saturday. I even took my big girl camera with me and captured some of the excitement of the day. I'm the first to admit that I'm not much of a sports photographer. (Confession: my best photos are of the girls waiting for the serve.) But this weekend's photos include the most in-focus action shots that I've taken in the past four seasons of volleyball play. I don't really know why they're better. I really think the smaller gym had something to do with it.


These girls can jump!


I love to see how intense and focused they are when the ball is in play.

 
The team members also serve as referees during the tournament.



Last year, my daughter's team wasn't very good was developing. Because of that, they were usually out of the tournament in the early afternoon, which meant we were home by 6 p.m. or so. This year, they are much better, which has consistently put them in the silver bracket for the play-offs. I didn't know until this year that the tournaments could last so late into the day. But it's fun. And for us it's a family day.

 

5 comments:

Lisa Gordon said...

These are fantastic shots, Roban. What fun these games must be.

It so so good to hear you are feeling better.

I hope you've had a great weekend, and I wish you a wonderful beginning to your week.

Dan said...

Positive news on the health front... yea!

Great team-mate shots on the sideline and action shots too!

I think you just getting better at capturing action shots!

miruspeg said...

So good to hear you are feeling much better Roban. Being sick really sucks!!
Your big girl camera must have wanted to reward you for being out and about again. Love the shots mate.

Now take care and keep shining.
Big heart hugs
Peggy ♥♥♥

Unknown said...

Fabulous shots Roban. Any sport that you watch w/your kids playing is intense fun!

beth said...

these are FANTASTIC action shots....you should be really proud of what you captured and i bet your daughter loves them !!!