Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Smiles Won Out

I tried to shoot (with my camera, of course) a pair of blue birds today, but I quickly found out that I don't have much patience for wildlife photography. I was afraid to get too close, so I stood in a doorway and waited....

and waited....

and waited....

but they stayed in the blue bird house while I stood there.

I knew the cousins were out on the front lawn on this Easter Sunday, so it didn't take me a minute to decide that the front lawn was where my camera and I needed to be. Faces get me every time.

Especially this little boy's face, which I think is adorable.


And this guy.... He taught me how to make guacamole a few years ago.


And their big brother....



And just when I had just about given up, I spied a streak of blue in the backyard again.




The bluebirds were back. I'm still not very good with my wildlife photography, but at least I was able to get a few photos of this fella before I gave up for good.

P.S. It's Spring Break. I am so ready for this week!

6 comments:

miruspeg said...

Hope you have lovely weather for your Spring Break Roban!
You have captured the boys very well and looks like the bluebirds wanted to have their photo taken after all.
A lovely sunny post.
Big hugs
Peggy xxxxx

Lisa Gordon said...

Roban, these are wonderful portraits of these handsome young men, and I just love that little bird. Such wonderful colors.

Enjoy your spring break. Mine was last week, but only about 6 weeks left, and I am done for the summer! :-)

Relyn Lawson said...

Have a MARVELOUS spring break. Rest, renew, and shoot. A lot. I love to see what you get.

Unknown said...

Such handsome young men that filled your yard. And love that you were able to capture the birds cause they were worth the wait.

beth said...

wildlife is tricky, but hey, you got a bluebird and that's all that matters. one is enough.

those boys are cute. the big brother has warm eyes....i bet his heart is, too.....

McMGrad89 said...

Patience is a virtue that I have not been blessed with. I have been chasing the elusive Robin for quite sometime. I have only managed to capture one with a zoom lens and then crop it. Such handsome boys. You seemed to have a nice Easter.