Saturday, October 26, 2013

Inspiration and a Card for Kelly


This river is not too far from my home. When people drive over the bridge, you can usually see their heads turning left, then right, to catch a glimpse of the view. Sometimes I walk down to the river to see it and take pictures. Today, I was a little on the lazy side. I drove down and parked not too far away. I was glad I did. It was cold! My hands were freezing by the time I got back into my car and cranked up the heat.

It's a quiet weekend here. My husband took a friend to a college football game. He likes to indoctrinate people to his way of thinking when it comes to football. My daughter was up early for the ACT. And other than my little trip to the river this morning, I've been pretty quiet, too. There's plenty to do around here; I just haven't quite gotten into the mood to get things done.

Several blogs have been inspiring me lately. One is Jennifer Belthoff's blog, Giggling in the Rain. In this post, her poem asks those of us who consider ourselves writers, artists, or photographers if we are "living it." Since I'm also a teacher, it's difficult to live that life 100% of the time, but I'm trying. Yes, I'm a writer; I've been a writer for as long as I can remember. And although I enjoy photography and creating art, I don't feel comfortable calling myself a photographer or an artist. Not yet. After reading her poem though, I feel a little closer to claiming one of those.

More inspiration comes from Caroline Manrique, a photographer whom I have followed for years. Her beautiful photographs are like eye candy, and her posts dig deep making me stop and think a little deeper myself. She is also posting inspirational photos and quotes on Tumblr. I know some of you know Caroline, but if you haven't visited her before, you're missing a good thing.

After visiting Caroline's Tumblr, I decided to create something for another blogger who is going through a difficult time. I searched around for a quote until I found this one. It spoke to me, and I hope it will reassure her that time does heal our wounds and that we never lose the memories and love we have for our mothers.







9 comments:

Jen said...

That photo is beautiful...you can certainly call yourself a photographer!

beth said...

i think your part of the world is equally as beautiful as ours...or we simply make it beautiful by how we see it :)

your photo is stunning !!!
xo

Nancy said...

I too think it's time to call yourself a photographer....this shot is gorgeous....

Thanks for sending us over to meet a couple of your friends...You are right; their blogs are beautiful and inspiring.....

I also think the card you made for your friend is awesome and I know it will touch her heart....

Unknown said...

Hi Roban-I decided to switch up my routine this morning-the waiting is hard and I needed some light today-you have given and shown me such love and support during this past year and especially these past days-my heart is happy through the tears. I hope someday I can gather you in my arms and just hug you-tight. And Roban-I hope you get comfortable calling yourself an artist really quick-much love and gratitude. Xo
Kelly

miruspeg said...

There are always plenty of jobs to do around my home too Roban, but I never beat myself up anymore if I choose not to do them.
I remember your river from a previous post or posts, I feel like I know it well, it must be like a sanctuary for you.
You are a wonderful, supportive friend AND a darn good photographer Roban!
Keep shining and big hugs
Peggy ♥♥♥

Dan said...

Never think of yourself less than perfect in anything you do. Perfection rests within our hearts.

Just say'in. :)

Unknown said...

My beautiful sister, writer, photographer, and artist extraordinaire!

Unknown said...

My beautiful sister, writer, photographer, and artist extraordinaire!

Unknown said...

My beautiful sister, writer, photographer, and artist extraordinaire!