Saturday, April 27, 2013

Flowers and Froth and Frills, Oh My!


If you haven't had anything to do with a prom in a while, you might be surprised to know that it is a BIG thing these days! No more buying a dress down the street and 'fixin' your hair all pretty... by yourself. Nowadays, it's just about like getting dressed for a wedding. Seriously.

This was my daughter's first prom. Between hair and make-up, shoe shopping, and all that jazz, our calendar was pretty busy. But today was the day....

So, without further ado, here are Hannah's before prom photos. Her handsome date, Austin, just so happens to be one of my former students (how about that!).

Oh, and you might want to get a cup of coffee or tea.... because this might take a few minutes. I had a lot of fun today.







These two girls are Hannah's 'girls.' She babysits them every day after school. I think they were a bit in awe of all that glitz and glam.
 





 I sure do love that girl.


9 comments:

Nancy said...

She is absolutely gorgeous...I am sure her beautiful smile and eyes light up a room when she enters.
They made such a handsome couple; I hope they had as much fun as they were good looking....

Roban said...

Thank you, Nancy, for your sweet comment. I know she lights up the room for me! They did have a good time by the way....

McMGrad89 said...

Roban, I was thinking about the same thing...very wedding-like. She is such a beautiful girl. I'm glad you both had fun.

Jen said...

Beautiful! Hope you both had a fabulous time....thanks for the little preview of things to come!

Caroline said...

Oh my goodness!!! These are just lovely! She looks beautiful.

Candace said...

LOVE the photos! Hannah is beautiful and Austin is one of my former students too. Great kid! I'm glad they had a good time!

Lisa Gordon said...

Roban, she is absolutely gorgeous!
Truly a time to remember.
Thank you for sharing these beautiful photographs here.

Unknown said...

Your daughter is an absolute dream! That dress...her date...those little girls are in serious awe of the beauty...I remember as a little girl being enamored at the brides who weddings I was in as a flower girl...big impact. these photos just ooze with love and happiness!

Katie said...

such a beautiful girl! the photos you took are amazing, just so, so pretty!