Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action... As We Reflect on Our Words

My friends and I have been posting together once a month as we reflect on the words we chose to focus on in the beginning of the year. When I began to think about a video that would appropriately reflect my thoughts on faith and joy, I immediately thought of the artist Akiane Kramarik. Her faith is the foundation for her art, and I can't help but feel joyful (and in awe) every time I look at her work.

Below is a CNN clip of an interview with her...




Peggy teamed up with The Moody Blues to convey her thoughts on "balance:"




Octamom shares the work of Kari Jobe whose video of her song, "I'm Singing," includes viewers' experiences, the result of which she says is "excellent... really amazing people continuing to walk with joy, even in the midst of some tough times."




Annemarie gets kudos for creating this original video to showcase her word, "discipline."




And AVTCoach gives us a video on "abundance." (I must have been the least techno-savvy one in the bunch because I couldn't figure out how to get the code over to my blog....) So please click HERE to watch her video, which features Akeela and the Bee.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Not your tech saviness but mine dear friend. No worries! Your video choice was inspirational and very much about faith. I am amazed at this young girl's work! I am also amazed at how her mother listened to her heart and followed!
There is another great lesson there as well!

miruspeg said...

Roban, you hit the jackpot with the Akiane Kramarik video to depict your words faith and joy.
I love when she said "God looks to me like a bold light"....I feel the same way.

Pure delight to be on this year long journey with you Roban, this journey of discovery.

Hugs always
Peggy.

Heather of the EO said...

This is just so cool. I love that you guys are doing this together and have come up with such fitting videos and links.

Love it.

Silver said...

I am so blown away with the first video. The colors and images she had captured is without a doubt, divine-inspired.

The face of Jesus..especially his eye.. so full of grace, love and all goodness..mercy and kindness.

i thought about it for days since i'd seen it at Peggy's blog.

hugs,
~Silver

Silver said...

..Oops. typo error.

The face of Jesus..especially his eyes..

(i was zooming in when i was thinking..hehe)

McMGrad89 said...

Hey Roban, Fireworks is a software program for people who work on web pages. As the campus webmaster we used to use the entire Adobe Professional Suite until our district webmaster made our sites more of a cut and paste job. Guess he doesn't trust us. :-) Anyway, it is just like Photoshop. I just don't know how to do everything yet.

Cindy said...

Hi Roban, happy blated birthday, you left a message on my blog through beth. so nice to have you visit. And now I am a follower. Take care.

Candace said...

I meant to post on this a long time ago; I loved all the videos and just watched them again with Laurel. You do such cool stuff on your blog and I always enjoy reading it! I hope the school year is going well for you; I'll have to come visit sometime!