Sunday, June 10, 2012

It's Official...

My days of driving my daughter all over town are over. *sigh* Where do the days and weeks and years go? It seems like only yesterday that she was driving all over the yard in her Barbie jeep. Today, she drove herself to church, and tomorrow she will drive... somewhere. You can count on that!

It's nice in a way. I'm not having to figure out what I can do before I need to take her somewhere or pick her up from someplace. She's even gone to the grocery store for me. Now that was nice (even if I do enjoy my trips to the market). But having her in that seat beside me, whether it was the passenger seat or more lately the driver's seat, was a special time for me. For both of us, I hope. But you can't slow down time, nor should we want to. Not really.

So be careful, Peanut! Keep the music low enough to hear the world outside. Stay vigilant! And enjoy the freedom that driving brings. You've earned it!

2 comments:

beth said...

congrats to your daughter.....

{i had a longer comment but blogger just ate it}

black eyed susans kitchen said...

All three of mine are driving now...and it still amazes me. We have to grow up now too!!